Avocado and Red Onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced (can substitute shallots)
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- coarse kosher salt
- black pepper
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise.
- Remove pit and peel.
- Cut each half into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Spread avocado slices on serving plate in two semicircles or arcs, with slices overlapping.
- Scatter onion slices over top of avocado slices.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar over slices.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and several grinds of pepper.