Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce
Servings 1 quart
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cream, 1/2 and 1/2, or whole milk
- 8 tbsps unsalted cultured butter, cut into 1-tbsp pieces
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and cream in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir with whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter.
- Boil until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Let cool five minutes.
- Serve or store in container in refrigerator.
Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More.