- Cast iron griddle
- 1 cup King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Coarse Grind Cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (can substitute with milk or soured milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsps unsalted cultured butter, melted
- Heat griddle on stovetop, using medium to medium-low heat. Do not grease griddle.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Put cornmeal in large mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water over cornmeal.
- Stir until thick.
- Add buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir until combined.
- Stir in flour mix.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Spoon batter onto hot griddle, approx. 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
- Turn pancakes when bubble come to surface and edges are slightly dry.
- Cook a little less time on second side, then remove and serve.
Adapted from Bob’s Red Mill.