Servings 9 cups
- 8 quart mixing bowl
- (3) jelly roll pans
- 3 cups thick-cut old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in 8-quart mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture on three jelly roll pans.
- Bake until golden brown and well toasted (usually about one hour), stirring every 15 minutes.
- Turn out to cool in 8-quart mixing bowl.
Store in closed container in dark, cool location, or freeze in gallon slider storage bags. Adapted from New York Times.