- Food processor
- 2 cups walnuts
- 5 tart apples
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2/3 cup sweet red wine
- Place nuts in food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Grind nuts to coarse paste in a series of short pulses.
- Transfer nuts to medium size bowl.
- Cut apples in half, core, and cut into chunks. (Do not peel apples.)
- In food processor, process apples in 3 batches until ground into tiny pieces but not yet pureed.
- Add apples to nuts.
- Stir in cinnamon, honey, and wine.
- Mix well, adjust cinnamon to taste, and refrigerate until time to serve.