Servings 1 recipe
- Double boiler
- 3 ounces white sugar (75 grams)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsps unsalted cultured butter, cut into small pieces (50 grams)
- Add water to bottom of double boiler and bring to a simmer.
- Add sugar and lemon zest to top of double boiler.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice and eggs.
- Pour juice/egg mixture over sugar/zest mixture.
- Add butter to mixture.
- Place top part of double boiler over bottom part.
- Stir mixture frequently until thickened, approx. 20 minutes.
- Store curd until ready for use.
Adapted from Delia Smith’s Winter Collection.