- Cast iron griddle
- 3 tbsps butter, melted
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- Heat griddle on stovetop, using medium to medium-low heat. Do not grease griddle.
- Put dry ingredients (wheat germ, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt) in large mixing bowl.
- Stir together dry ingredients with fork.
- Put milk and eggs in medium mixing bowl.
- Beat together milk and eggs with fork.
- Add mik/egg mixture to dry ingredients. Stir briefly.
- Add melted butter to dry ingredients. Stir in with a few strokes.
- Spoon batter onto hot griddle, approx. 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
- Turn pancakes when bubble come to surface and edges are slightly dry.
- Cook a little less time on second side, then remove and serve.
Adapted from Laurel’s Kitchen.