- 9 inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- KitchenAId mixer (or similar) with paddle attachment
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 tbsps unsalted cultured butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 Italian plums, cut in half and pits removed (can substitute other fruit, such as apples)
- Sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut disc of parchment paper the size of springform pan.
- Grease bottom and sides of springform pan.
- Place parchment paper in bottom of pan and grease paper.
- In mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix at low speed after each egg to combine.
- Add baking powder and vanilla. Mixing at low speed to combine.
- Add flour. Mix at low speed to combine.
- Add plums. Mix at low speed to combine.
Assemble and bake tart
- Pour batter into greased springform pan.
- Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Can double the recipe in the same pan. If do so, bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours.