Roasted Delicata Squash
Servings 10 servings
- 2 jelly roll pans or baking sheets
- Medium cast iron frying pan
- 4 medium Delicata squash
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- coarse kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pomegranate
- 3/4 cup pecans
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop seeds out of squash.
- Cut squash into slices 1/2 inch thick, creating 1/2 moons. Discard ends.
- In large mixing bowl, toss cut squash, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast squash on baking sheets until soft and golden on the inside, a bit brown and caramelized on the outside.
- Once squash is cooked, let cool for at least 5 minutes.
Prepare pomegranate seeds and pecans
- Meanwhile, cut pomegranate in 1/2 across the middle.
- Hold 1/2 of pomegranate over bowl.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, gently knock on pomegranate skin.
- Continue beating with increasing power until seeds start coming out naturally and falling through your fingers into bowl.
- Once all seeds are in bowl, sift through seeds to remove any bits of white skin or membrane.
- Toast pecans in pan, over low heat.
- Place squash on serving dish.
- Sprinkle pomagranate seeds and pecans over squash.