George Sr’s Waffles
Servings 9 waffles
- Waffle iron
- KitchenAId mixer (or similar) with paddle and whisk attachments
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 8 tbsps unsalted cultured butter, melted
- 2 cups King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsps white sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- Heat waffle iron.
- Add egg whites to bowl of mixer.
- Using whisk attachment, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Move beaten egg whites to separate large mixing bowl.
- Clean and dry bowl of mixer.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) to bowl of mixer.
- Mix together, using paddle attachment at low speed.
- In separate bowl, combine milk and egg yolks.
- Add milk/egg mixture to dry ingredients.
- Mix until just blended, at slow speed.
- By hand, fold egg whites into flour/milk mixture.
- Cook waffles per waffle iron instructions, using one ladleful of batter per waffle.